Don't Worry, Be Happy
Despite the gloomy outlook from entrepreneurs on the status of the U.S. economic recovery, a recent story in the Wall Street Journal suggests that entrepreneurs are typically a happy bunch.
Somewhat surprising numbers considering the risk and long hours involved in running one's own business, but not surprising to those who have a passion for what they do.
The numbers come thanks to research done for the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index which tracks the well-being for each of the 435 congressional districts in the U.S. andbi-annually on each of the 50 states.
So which states and congressional districts top the overall list for well-being? The top ten states are:
The top districts are:
- California 14 -- Rep. Anna Eshoo (D)
- Georgia 6 -- Rep. Tom Price (R)
- California 48 -- Rep. John Campbell (R)
- Colorado 6 -- Rep. Mike Coffman (R)
- New Jersey 11 -- Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R)
- California 50 -- Rep. Brian Bilbray (R)
- California 30 -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D)
- Maryland 8 -- Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D)
- California 46 -- Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R)
- California 26 -- Rep. David Dreier (R)
(Thanks to EJ Reedy at Data Maven for bringing the study to my attention)