Hotspots for Cleantech
As everyone continues to look to cleantech as a hot industry for the coming year, what are the best places to be to capitalize on the trend? A recent post from the Cleantech Group ranked the top universities, while an earlier post looked at the states. Not surprisingly, there is a strong correlation between the two lists.
Examining chemical and engineering labs around the nation looking for "a pipeline of collaboration of businesses, universities, state initiatives, investors and research dollars"... which schools came out on top?
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of California at Berkeley
- University of Texas (Austin)
- Stanford University
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor)
- University of Colorado (Boulder)
- University of Wisconsin (Madison)
- Cornell University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Washington State University
Examining states for "cleantech jobs and job growth, cleantech companies, and VC dollars invested" as well as public policy environments.
- New Jersey
- New York