State of Entrepreneurship Address & The Rules for Growth
Note: Next week, PDE-news will be distributed on Tuesday, February 8, following the Kauffman Foundation’s ‘State of Entrepreneurship Address.’ (see the post below for details)
Following President Obama's increased focus on regulatory reform and his call for innovation and entrepreneurship in his recent State of the Union address, the Kauffman Foundation will present its second annual State of Entrepreneurship Address on February 8, 2011, to shed light on how changes to specific laws and regulations can accelerate economic growth without adding to the deficit.
The event – hosted at the National Press Club from 12 noon – 2:00 pm—will feature an address from Carl Schramm, president and CEO of the Kauffman Foundation, followed by lunch and a panel discussion featuring prominent experts on growth, economics and policy, including:
- Arthur C. Brooks, president, American Enterprise Institute
- E.J. Dionne, senior fellow, Governance Studies, Brookings Institution; columnist, The Washington Post
- Philip K. Howard, founder and chair, Common Good
- George Priest, director, John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy, Yale Law School
- Moderator: Brink Lindsey, senior scholar, Kauffman Foundation
Attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the new book, The Rules for Growth, being released that day.
The event is free, but you must register and receive confirmation to attend. RSVP at www.kauffman.org/growth.
2011 State of Entrepreneurship Address & Luncheon
"The Rules for Growth"
The National Press Club
529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor - Washington, DC 20045
How to Register
Seating is limited, so please register by February 2, 2011 at
You will be notified if your registration is confirmed.